Overcoming the fear of failure
If the fear of failure stops you from reaching your goals and from enjoying life, consider the following:
- Look at failure on its actual dimensions, as something that teaches you and helps you correct your mistakes and reach your goal.
- Remember that each and every one of us fails in countless cases, regardless of the gender, age, race, occupation, etc… The only difference is that sometimes we know these failures and sometimes we don’t.
- When we fail, don’t blame, don’t criticize ourselves or others. Just see what went wrong and what is the best way to fix it. So when we make the necessary changes success will come.
- Remember the words of Albert Einstein: «The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.» We often don’t realize that and we make the same «mistakes» again and again.
- Sometimes we can’t fix our failures and solve our problems. In these cases, it is necessary to move to a drastic change and see the situation from a completely different angle.
- Don’t let failure defeat you or break your spirit. Don’t give up. Don’t take it personally. Think of failure as a sign on your way, telling you that you need to follow another path.
- Learn to laugh with yourself. Learn to see the funny side of the situation. Laughter is the best medicine to improve your mood and the cheapest: it’s free.
- Enjoy your mistakes they are a part of you, too.
- When you fail, smile and think, «Well, this isn’t the right way. I’ll try a different one «
- Don’t forget that failure is part of of success. Overcoming failure, you make simple adjustments to correct the path to success.
The Key to Thought – www.tokleidi.com