12 positive effects of laughter
Laughter is a very rare phenomenon today. Studies done on the subject have shown that 40 years ago people used to laugh 3 times more than we do today.This result is quite amazing. If we take a typical sample of children we will see that children laugh on average 200 times a day while adults only 15.
As a small motive to laugh more, I give you a list with the 12 positive effects of laughter:
- Laughter reduces stress.
- Laughter makes us feel good.
- A person who smiles is more attractive.
- Our body releases endorphins when we laugh. Endorphins have anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect.
- Laughter empowers metabolism.
- Many studies have concluded that heart attack and depression are more rare in people who laugh more often.
- Laughter releases tension and fears.
- Frequent laughter strengthens the immune system.
- One minute of laughter equals in beneficial effect with 10 minutes jogging or 45 minutes meditating.
- Laughter increases oxygen in the brain,thereby increasing the ability to concentrate.
- Laughter relaxes and increases prosperity.
- Laughter creates familiarity with people around us and with ourselves.
Remember that a smile costs less than electricity and gives more light to our lives. Everytime we laugh with our heart and soul we add days to our lives.
The Key to Thought – www.tokleidi.com
Happiness comes to those who laugh.